Our Office is Open
An Important Message to Our Patients (updated 6/2/2020):
The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
The following guidelines were issued by these agencies, and we have instituted them. At your next appointment, you will see some changes to help protect our patients and our team.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You will be asked to hand sanitize when entering our office. Hand sanitizer will be available in other areas of our office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES. Our office has implemented, above and beyond the recommendations, to provide our patients the highest level of care and caring that you have become accustomed to in our office; exceeding all the CDC guidelines and protocols.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting services.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by all patients upon entering the office.
- Research has shown that since the COVID virus may be vulnerable to oxidation, patients will be asked to rinse with CTX4 to reduce exposure to germs.
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist and fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about all the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please all our office at 585-248-2575.
Thank you for being our patient. We respect and value the trust and loyalty you have placed in us and we will continue to exceed your expectations. We can’t wait to see you again!
Sam Guarnieri, DDS